Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Return to Tomales Bay

Last weekend we hiked the elk preserve at Tomales Bay again. In its entirety it's about ten miles, but the terrain was a little rougher and more hilly than I previously recalled, so with my crummy knees I needed to turn back after about three miles. So we clocked a little over six miles total for the day.

The wildlife count did not disappoint, though. We saw approximately a dozen bunnies, several herds of elk, and a weasel!! Fun fact about weasels: they're adorable. And they move like cartoon characters. Tragically I have no pictures of the bunnies or the weasel. Please enjoy these other pictures of less adorable things, taken by both my father and myself.

Lies. I have found no evidence of harbor seals living at Point Reyes. All lies.







Well, yes, citizen. That is a crow eating a snake. They are the worst. Crows, not snakes.





Full disclosure: The more amazing nature photos were taken by my dad. Remember this: if it's a zoomed-in photo that doesn't look like crap, Dad probably took it.

No comments:

Post a Comment